Saturday, January 8

FASHIONABLY SPORTY

Two days ago i read this great article on fashionising.com written by Tania Braukämper, where she talks about excersizing clothes and gives us 5 ways to be fashionable when we hit the gym.
I thought it was really worthy to be shared with u guys and maybe adding some opinions and cool ideas from myself :)
The sporty clothing was a big 2010 trend and that made the famous gray tracksuit pants go from gym bags to our daily outfits, wearing them even with high heels. But she says we can do it both ways, we can also purchase some fashion items and then go straight to our gym bags, right?
I personally don't like hiting the gym, in fact, i h-a-t-e it. The whole idea of being locked up in a room with a bunch of people I don't know, being all sweaty and sharing the same heavy air doesn't work for me at all. I love excersizing outdoors where i can breathe my own oxigen.
Anyway, going to the gym or not, there's is always the dilemma of what u are going to wear.
So, here u have some incredible tips:

1. The One-shouldered Sport Bra: this is from Alexander Wang's spring collection. I think is great but i little risky for full-chested women. Im totally the opossite of that, so i even dare to wear it for running under some other piece like a sweater or a jacket.

2. Sex it up with Sporty Sheer Mesh: transparency was another hit trend in 2010 trend and it seems to keep going on 2011. So this totally works for sportwear. It makes it totally breathable, but i'll make sure to not be showing too much!.

3. Work your Butt off with Hot Pants: Tanya B. says it's a great incentive to work butt into shape and i really believe that!. But i'll just leave that hot pants option for other people. I use to go out running at night so it is not a good idea for me.

4. The Stripey Sport Socks: they give your sport outfit a great retro look! This may work perfectly if u are playing tennis or soccer.

5. The Luxe Sun Visor: please make sure u are excersizing outdoors and there's enough sunlight, otherwise u might look incredibly ridiculous.

Because i love excersizing outdoors i would add a sixth item to this list, and it is:

6. The Fanny Pack: these are from Diane Von Furstenberg's Spring 2011 Collection. I actually don't see fanny packs with a friendly eye. Even when my mom suggests me to wear one in airports or when i travel i freak out a little bit, but i admit they're quite practical. If they are well fitted they could be a great accesory for outdoor sports. Specially for me that i might need to carry my keys, mi ID and some money.


3 comments:

  1. My fav is the mesh sporty bra. Nice blog and great header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dvf rocks everything she touches... even fanny packs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv the hot pants! I'm going to buy them NOW

    ReplyDelete